Worth visiting | Mediteran Agency

Mali Lošinj
  • The church of St. Martin from 1450, situated in the town graveyard, where you can read the history of Lošinj from the tombstones.The priests who used to serve in this church were Glagolitic monks.They also served as notaries and drew up testaments, contracts etc. for the local people.
  • The parish church of the Nativity of the Virgin and the piazza from 1696-1775.It is a three-nave church with relics of St. Romulus and a painting of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary on the altar
  • Čikat, the church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Annuniziata).It was built in 1534 and extended in 1858.It stands on the spot where Lošinj sailing ships were once seen off and awaited.Today, if a ship passing by the cape of Annunziata sounds a siren, it means the captain is from Lošinj.
  • Numerous villas of Austrian aristocracy
  • The monument to Ambroz Haračić (1855-1916), professor of the Nautical School, who studied Lošinj’s climate and vegetation
  • The Nautical School of Ambroz Haračić in the form of a ship with a navigating bridge
  • The Art Collection of Andro Vid and Katarina Mihičić and the Piperata Collection of Old Masters, containing some twenty oils on canvas and water-colours by Italian, French and Dutch painters from the 17th and 18th century.
  • The church of St. Nicholas from 1857, dedicated to St. Nicholas, patron saint of sailors and travellers
  • The monument to Josip Kašman (1847-1925), world-famous opera singer from Mali Lošinj
  • The Lošinj Aromatic Garden – a nursery of the island medicinal herbs in Mali Lošinj.Accompanied by a qualified guide, visitors can find out about the rich island flora, the medicinal properties of the island plants and buy an original island souvenir.

Veli Lošinj

  • The parish church of St. Anthony the Hermit, originally built in 1480, in its present-day baroque form since 1774.Numerous works of art and the organ by Callido, a Madonna with Child and Saints, relics of St. Gregory.
  • The Tower, dating from 1445.It was built to defend the harbour from pirate attacks.The image of the Tower is the motif of Veli Lošinj’s coat-of-arms. Today the Tower houses museum and gallery rooms, open to visitors.
  • Apoxyomenos – an invaluable antique find discovered in the Lošinj sea in 1999.It is a life-size bronze stautue of an athlete (Apoxyiomenos) dating from the 4th century B.C., an original made by the Greek sculptor Lysippus.A replica is exhibited in the museum and gallery rooms of the Venetian Tower in Veli Lošinj.
  • The church of Our Lady of Angels, built in 1510, transformed into a real art gallery by captains’ donations.
  • The forest park “Podjavori” with the former winter residence of the Hapsburg Archduke Charles Stephen, now a famous sanatorium.
  • Rovenska – the breakwater from 1856, built to protect the harbour from stormy gusts of bora.The foundation stone was laid by the Hapsburg Archduke Maximilian.
  • The church of St. Nicholas from the 15th century, located on the site where the beginnings of Veli Lošinj’s history can be traced to.
  • The church of St. John, after whom the hill was named, with a panoramic view of Veli and Mali Lošinj and a hiking trail to the southernmost part of the island of Lošinj.
  • Lošinj’s Marine Education Centre, where you can find out more about the Lošinj undersea world and the colony of dolphins found in this area from multimedia and interactive projections, exhibitions and lectures. • Ultramarin – a creative arts workshop run by Nena Nosalj Peršić and her husband Damir Peršić who make decorative objects from washed-ashore wood and ceramics


Nerezine
  • The Franciscan Monastery with a three-storey campanile from the 16th century
  • The parish church of Our Lady of Health from the second half of the 19th century
  • The castle of the Osor patrician Colane Drasa from the 15th century
  • The original parish church of St. Mary Magdalene, built in 1534
  • The hill of Osoršćica – a mountain trail.The peak of Sv. Mikul with a chapel, a magnificent vantage-point.The peak of Televrin at a height of 589 m, the Cave of St. Gaudentius and the Big Cave


Ćunski
  • The church of St. Nicholas from the 16th century, in its present-day form since 1908
  • The prehistoric hill-fort above the settlement
  • The old olive mill called torać, open to visitors in the summer months


Sveti Jakov
  • The church of St. Jacob in the graveyard, from 1624.This date is carved in letters ^HIG (1624) on a marble slab at the top of the façade.
  • The parish church of St. Mary, built in the 19th century.The main altar has a painting of Our Lady of the Rosary with St. Dominic, St. Clara and St. Jacob


Osor
  • The Town Museum – the former town hall, from the 15th century (with remains dating from the Early Christian period, and earlier)
  • The Museum of Church Art in the former bishop’s palace
  • The Archeological Collection of Osor
  • The Cathedral, built between 1463 and 1498 (in a N-S direction).The main baroque oltar had the relics of St. Gaudentius, bishop and patron saint of Osor
  • The town walls
  • The antique floor mosaic in the church of St. Mary in the graveyard and - the sexagonal baptismal font from the 5th – 6th centuries


Unije
  • The big stone vessel for olive oil with a Glagolitic inscription from 1676
  • The church of St. Andrew, in its present-day form since 1911, with a campanile from 1857
  • The Gallery and the olive mill


Susak
  • The Benedictine Abbey of St. Nicholas from the 11th century, with the great crucifix, called Great God by the locals, from the 12th century.According to a legend the crucifix had been drifted ashore and was brought into the church by the Benedictines.It has been impossible to take it out of the church ever since.
  • The local graveyard, wholly exposed to the sun, with shining sun-lit tombstones
  • A wine shop


Ilovik
  • The square tower from 1597, built to watch over the sea and protect navigation from frequent pirate attacks of the Uskoks.
  • On the hill of Straža there are remains of a hill-fort from the Bronze Age

Search accommodation

1. Child
2. Child
3. Child
4. Child
Show entire offerSearch

Selected

Tourist agency Mediteran
Trg Zagazinjine 2
HR - 51550 Mali Lošinj
Croatia
 
Tel/fax:   +385 (0)51 232 999
Mobile: +385 (0)95 232 9999
email: emediteran@gmail.com 
 
My status